MEET OUR CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Awe Olusesan (PT),
PGDHM, MNSP, MNSSP, MAAOP.
Awe Olusesan is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Physio-Fit Physiotherapy Hospital. Awe has well over 15 years of clinical experience in physiotherapy. He graduated from the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos, Nigeria and had his Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management at Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) in the year 2000.
His drive to offer the best service possible to persons with physiotherapy needs led him to establish Physio-Fit in May 2000 after he voluntarily retire from Government service as Physiotherapist at the Physiotherapy department of Gbagada General Hospital.
His dedication to education allows him to keep abreast with the most current research, exercise and manual techniques available.
As a clinician in physiotherapy, he has done some post-graduate courses in and outside Nigeria.
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy of the Lumbar Spine (McKenzie approach)
- The Management of Low Back Pain of Sacroiliac Joint Origin.
- Evidence – Based Management of Patients with Low Back Pain: From classification to effective Management.
- Management of Patients with Cervical Spine
- Disorders: An Evidence-Based Approach to Examination and Treatment.
- Basic Ponseti Clubfoot Workshop.
COURSES ATTENDED OUTSIDE NIGERIA
- Physiotherapy management of Spinal Cord Injured Patient (Australia)
- Multidisciplinary Management of Cerebral Palsy Children (Chicago, USA)
- Orthotic and Therapeutic Management of Stroke Patient (Miami, USA)
Awe is a member of Nigeria society of Physiotherapy
He is a member of Nigeria Society for the Study of Pain.
He is a member of America Academy of Orthotics and Prosthetics
Also a member of World Stroke Organisation (WSO)
(WSO is the world leading organisation in the fight against Stroke)